Wednesday, April 7, 2010

She looks like...











Today I received one of the best compliments I could receive. She looks just like you!!!!!
Now, let me back up a few months. As my family and I were googgly eyed over the 3D ultrasound pictures trying to determine whose mouth she had, whose nose she had, and in the pics we already knew she had Aunty Lali's (excuse me, Nanny's) moose cheeks...a comment was brought up that it was not polite to say she looked like anyone. That's would be equivalent to saying, "You look like you have Down Syndrome!"
Well I was PROUD to hear today. She looks just like you! I could care less if I look like I have Down Syndrome, I am just so happy that I have a baby girl that looks like mommy. Now, is it conceited of me to think she is absolutely beautiful.

And if you haven't seen my boys...they are mini versions of my husband.

3 comments:

  1. If those are your baby pictures, she DOES look exactly like you!!! *YAY*

    And pardon me, but whoever said that you shouldn't say she looked like someone because of the Ds...well...they are just being ridiculous (not the word I really wanted to use!!!). Grace is much more like her family members than different...46 similar chromosomes and 1 different!

    I'm glad you got that compliment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boy looks a lot like me, but he also has some resemble from his daddy. People are still believing the misconceptions created in the back days. This is one of the main reason I have a blog. I can proof with my blog how true and how false all those misconceptions are. I started educating my family. If I change one person mind I will change the world for my son and all people with Trisomy 21.

    Enjoy your baby girl! Be proud and happy because she just look like her mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your blog in February...but you didn't post much :)---- I was amazed with the courage you had in awaiting the birth of your daughter. I thought it was beautiful and inspiring. It took me until my daughter was about one, to embrace and fall in love with life again. Congratulations! She looks like you and she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete